What could be better than waking up to the smell of baking cinnamon muffins? Since our weekdays are usually so hectic and we only get to share one meal together each day, I always like to go all out on the weekends. The kids love looking forward to Saturday breakfast and these are some of our fav. A super easy BC recipe.
- 2 cups Gold Medal™ self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted, cooled
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- Heat oven to 425°F. Grease bottom only of 12 regular-size muffin cups with shortening or cooking spray, or line with paper baking cups. In large bowl, stir together flour, 1/2 cup sugar and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon.
- In small bowl, mix milk, 1/3 cup melted butter and the egg until well blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Batter will be slightly lumpy.) Divide batter evenly among muffin cups, filling each about 2/3 full.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix 1/4 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Remove muffins from muffin cups. Dip tops of warm muffins into 1/4 cup melted butter; dip into sugar-cinnamon mixture. Serve warm.